Monday, November 16, 2009

In the beginning....

So why am I doing this? I keep asking myself this question over and over again. I am well known for starting things and never finishing them. I am Queen of Giving Up- I'll go flying into something with gusto then start making excuses as to why I don't carry on with it and eventually it just slips by the wayside, never to be mentioned again. I have a graveyard of Good Ideas that is littered with good intentions, failed diets, exercise plans and all sorts of other things that seemed like a good idea at the time. So it may seem odd that I'm embarking on a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. It's more of a challenge to see if I can actually stick at something and also it's a way of doing all those things that I keep saying I want to do but never get round to.

So, the rules....

The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment