Monday, November 23, 2009

Goodbye treadmill, hello spacious garage

It's gone! The most expensive and cumbersome of all my failed get fit plans has finally left the building (number 18). Mr Fanny's friend came and picked the treadmill up last night and we managed to get £150 for it. I'm hoping that Mr Fanny will finally let me live this down (although he used it about as little as I did so I'm not the only failure!).
Diet Coke avoidance is going well. I even struggled through a super hangover yesterday without succumbing to the cool, fizzy charms of an ice cold can. I am convinced this was responsible for my headache lasting all day though.
I've had to change my Free Rice target after working out that 1,000,000 was pretty unachievable. It would average out at 1,000 grains every day for the 1001 days - not quite sure how I'd be able to catch up after holidays or days when I am not in front of the computer. I'm trying not to let the thought of some poor child with sad eyes in a far away land going without rice because some lazy cow in England couldn't be bothered with an extra 900,000 clicks play on my mind too much....

So, what's on my to do list this week? The in-laws are a-visiting this weekend and we are out to a Chinese restaurant in somewhere I forget so I can cross one of the restaurants off for number 23. I'm planning on cooking them a roast on Sunday so will get the meat from the village butcher (number 40) and will be following a Jamie Oliver recipe that I've never used before (number 8). I also want to join the library (number 94) - I'm going to be needing lots of books to get me through Christmas! Must also try not to be quite so vacuous and dig out the Love Film bits that we've had since March so that I can send them back and start on some of the films.

No comments:

Post a Comment