Monday, November 30, 2009

The best laid plans....



So I had the best of intentions to cross a few more things off the list this weekend but it didn't quite go to plan. The inlaws were staying this weekend so I wanted to impress with a lovely meal. I'd already phoned the butchers earlier in the week to check whether they'd have any beef fillet on Saturday. 'Oooh yes love, got a lovely big bit in, see you Saturday'. Great stuff. Except when I went there on Saturday they'd bloody sold out and I had to get it from Tesco instead. So no progress on number 40 for now.
After the butchers, I popped across the road to the library to sign up (number 94). Except I had no ID with my name and address on it. Back again next week with a bank statement I think!
So after my not so flying start, I was a little worried about cooking the beef for dinner on Sunday. Mr Fanny nearly had a coronary over the butcher's counter in Tesco when he saw the price of it so I felt a little under pressure to get it right. It was a Jamie Oliver recipe (another one to cross off for number 8) which involved wrapping the meat in prosciutto and mushrooms - I got in a bit of a pickle trying to get it to stay together and it took much longer to cook than the recipe said but my god was it worth it! Utterly delicious. I served it (at the dining table as per number 54!) with proper roasties cooked in goose fat, sweet potato, seasoned cabbage, peas and broccoli. And of course it was washed down with plenty of wine!

Other things that are underway:
Still plugging away at Free Rice. Zzzzzz....
Have now been fizzy drink free for 17 days
Have watched Series 1 of The Inbetweeners, Series 2 is on it's way
Another £120 paid off the car loan

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for you and I am so glad it went well

    Bobbins
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete